Monday, April 5, 2010

C to the 5th Power


Okay so here is a recipe that a lovely lady I know passed along to me. She was ever so kind and baked up a batch, informing me that I could indulge. God bless her soul because they were moist and soft and I had not had anything like them in a while. For some reason, I haven’t quite mastered cookies and until this recipe, I haven't made many because of my fear. I’ve made several obscure recipes that people question the absence of dairy or eggs…but cookies…why can’t I make cookies?! And here it was…I added coconut flakes, craisins, and chocolate chips… just to forewarn you, the recipe does seem dry, but they will spread. I called them C to the Fifth Power because they are Chocolate Chip-Coconut-Craisin Cookies… hence the 5. Improvise! Use what you like...I know that's a no-no in baking, but there are variations to this recipe...have fun with it!

1 ½ cups of flour

1 tsp of baking soda

1 tsp of salt (course is my fav)

1/3 cup of canola oil

1 1/3 cup of unrefined sugar (you can do half white half brown)

1 mashed banana (ripe is best)

1 ½ tbs vanilla

2 tbs soy/rice/almond milk (either one works fine)

2 ½ cups quick oats (or regular oatmeal )

1 cup of chocolate chips (dark chocolate ones from Trader Joes are yummy!)

1 cup of craisins (or dried cranberries)

½ cup of coconut flakes (you can add what you would like/have on hand)



Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl…flour, baking soda, and salt. Cream the sugar with the oil, then add banana and vanilla. Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry bowl. Add in the oatmeal, chocolate chips, and any other ingredients that satisfy your cookie needs. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet (I lined it with parchment paper) bake 9-15 minutes or until they look golden brown (oven temperatures vary and so do hot spots!).

VIOLA!! Enjoy with a tall glass of almond milk!


No comments:

Post a Comment