Saturday, May 1, 2010

Baby Cakes

Well hot and heavy, pumpkin pie, chocolate candy, trees and rice, ain't nothin' please me more than you... I love surprises ...especially ones which involve food. My darling ran to the grocery store to make these treats possible (recently also made me vegan strawberry coconut ice cream GAWK...delicious!!! I shall post that recipe soon).

I've been craving donuts for a while now...and I always mention them to people as they visit San Francisco to see if I can possibly enjoy one when they return, but alas, the task is a little daunting. So here was the reconciliation for that, and one which I thoroughly enjoyed. They were supposed to be donuts, but we are not in possession of a donut pan, so we made mini muffin cakes instead.

Let's give praise where praise is due...
http://theurbanhousewife.blogspot.com/2007/08/lolos-baked-vegan-donuts-glazed-or.html

I used a banana instead of egg replacer. Also, blending/mixing SHOOT...drawing a blank (runs to the fridge...) FLAXSEED MEAL! in your blender with water, the recipe is on the bag for most, but I believe it is 1 tbs. of flaxseed with 3 tbs. of water... it works wonders. For icing toppings, we used fresh coffee grounds, coconut flakes, and sprinkles of course.
Home is wherever I am with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment